Annual Fall Clean Up & Pot Luck
When: Saturday, August 26th
Where: Stepping Stones Montessori School
1370 Beech St, East Lansing
When: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
This is a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours and work alongside other families in our school community. Bring the kids! – encourage them to get involved and have fun!
We encourage families to bring a potluck dish to pass, so we can have lunch together.
We will be adding mulch to the playgrounds, cleaning the yard, pulling weeds and sprucing up the school for the new year.
If possible, please bring shovels, rakes, wheel barrows, weed-whackers, and gloves. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday morning weather permitting.
New Land, New Opportunities!
We recently finalized the purchase of the land behind the school, 413 Lexington Rd
As you know we have already started working on cleaning up the land and have created some garden space, however this will be a process before it will be ready for students.
Coming soon we will have many volunteer opportunities to make this space exactly what we need
In need of completing volunteer hours? Don’t have time to dedicate?
Stepping Stones is asking for the following donations;
- Blankets (for nap program) x 2 = 1 hr
- Our newest Toddler Casa is in need of a Potty chair , 6 chairs and plates. Please follow the links provided for the items.
(the volunteer time is based on cost of item for our toddler casa)
- Ms. Lorie’s Primary Casa is in need of a mini refrigerator. The casas recently stopped working and is need for snack foods. Volunteer hour will be based on value of refrigerator or we will also welcome this as a donation.
- Our Lower & Upper Elementary Casa’s are in need of bird seed, which they use to help with observing and identifying birds. Please follow links provided below (the volunteer time is based on cost of item)
- Printer paper = 1 hr
- Dish soap x 5 = 1 hr
- Paper towels x 5 = 1 hr
- Tissues x 5 = 1 hr
- Cleaning wipes x 5 = 1 hr
As a reminder Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization. These items can be purchased as tax exempt if bought for the school. Please contact the office for more information.
If you are available during the week to come to our school to be a hall monitor, we would be happy to have an extra pair of eyes in our hallway. Especially at certain times of the day, a parent volunteer to monitor the hall would benefit our continued efforts to ensure the safety and security of our school. If you are interested please call (517) 336-0422 or email us: Info@steppingstoneseastlansing.org