Volunteer Opportunity, sign up Here
Montessori teachers are highly trained and skilled people who dedicate their time to observing, directing, and facilitating our children’s education and growth. In the classroom they offer guidance on materials being discovered, encouragement on materials being worked, and challenge when a student is ready for the next step. Outside of class time, they are thoughtfully preparing a classroom environment with the materials and activities that will meet the student’s unique interests, academic level, and development needs.
Once a year we take a week to show the teachers and staff our appreciation for all of their efforts. Scheduled during Montessori Appreciation Week, from February 27th through March 4th, we would like to provide breakfast, lunch, and dessert for the teachers and staff, as well as beautify the lounge.
Also, we are looking to feed 20 to 25 staff members daily, and we do have a few vegans and vegetarians to consider. We will also be going with a theme at lunch time to help coordinate meals.
In need of completing volunteer hours? Don’t have time to dedicate?
Stepping Stones is asking for the following donations;
- Blankets (for nap program) x 2 = 1 hr
- Our newest Toddler Casa is in need of a Potty chair , 6 chairs and plates. Please follow the links provided for the items.
(the volunteer time is based on cost of item for our toddler casa)
- Ms. Lorie’s Primary Casa is in need of a mini refrigerator. The casas recently stopped working and is need for snack foods. Volunteer hour will be based on value of refrigerator or we will also welcome this as a donation.
- Our Lower & Upper Elementary Casa’s are in need of bird seed, which they use to help with observing and identifying birds. Please follow links provided below (the volunteer time is based on cost of item)
- Printer paper = 1 hr
- Dish soap x 5 = 1 hr
- Paper towels x 5 = 1 hr
- Tissues x 5 = 1 hr
- Cleaning wipes x 5 = 1 hr
As a reminder Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization. These items can be purchased as tax exempt if bought for the school. Please contact the office for more information.
If you are available during the week to come to our school to be a hall monitor, we would be happy to have an extra pair of eyes in our hallway. Especially at certain times of the day, a parent volunteer to monitor the hall would benefit our continued efforts to ensure the safety and security of our school. If you are interested please call (517) 336-0422 or email us: Info@steppingstoneseastlansing.org